What is Zinc?
Zinc plating provides the most effective and economical way to protect steel against corrosion. Zinc plating protects steel by providing a physical barrier as well as cathodic protection for the underlying steel.
- High corrosion resistance
- Relatively inexpensive compared to other finishes
- Pleasing appearance
- Offered in RoHS and hexavalent
- Hexavalent yellow chromate has self-healing properties
- Offered in clear (blueish), black, yellow, and olive drab colors
- Effective primer for when undercoating paints
- Used in multiple industries such as military/defense, aerospace, automotive, industrial, and agricultural areas